Sustainability focus areas
Organic & Recycled Raw material, Health & Safety of all, Water usage, GOTS approved Dyes & Chemicals & Girl Child education.
Our mission is to contribute towards the maintenance of the delicate balance of People, Planet and Profit – the three Pillars of Corporate Sustainability.
Shingora Family Foundation (SFF) was conceptualized and set up in the year 2013
The program selects girls based on multiple criteria including enrollment in schools, family income, parent’s educational background, social background and the child’s aptitude. A comprehensive sponsorship is created to take care of a range of their educational requirements, providing not only academic support that enables them to make a success of their schooling experience but also material support. This includes uniforms, school bags, shoes, socks etc. to enable the girl child to go to school with dignity.
Identification of the candidates in deserving families in the Ludhiana district, who are unable to provide quality education to their children due to lack of finance.
Awareness workshop for parents
Awareness workshop is conducted to make the parents aware of the social evils due to the lack of education & motivate them to provide quality education to their girls.
Interview with deserving candidates
Deserving candidates & their parents are interviewed to assess their aspiration for education.
Candidate selection process in the schools
SFF arranges each of the selection process of the candidates at these schools (entrance test + interview).
Kits (Uniform, books, stationery, bags, shoes) are distributed to the deserving candidates.
Commitment to ZDHC
- Shingora is working with ZDHC (Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals) to protect the planet by reducing its chemical footprint.
- GTW (Green to Wear) This audit is based upon Environment Management, Energy Management and Emission of Greenhouse Gases, Water Management, Waste Management and Chemical Management
- CTW (Clear to Wear) Monitors the non-usage of Hazardous Chemicals and Product Traceability
- We have achieved a Higg score of 87.91 in 2018.
- Packaging: we are ready to partner with our customers on new sustainable packaging ideas.
- We are reusing over 40% of the water for various production processes and horticulture in the facility
- The balance treated water is re-directed to a tree plantation (Casuarina trees) adjacent to the facility using a special technique to evaporate water through the leaves of the trees.